I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas in the Den, Part 1, Christmas Home Tour, 2017

  Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

I have been posting my annual Christmas Home Tour, sharing each room in our townhouse decorated for Christmas...

All of these posts are on my side bar if you missed them!!

Today, I will be sharing Part 1 of Christmas in our Den .........

But first, I want to Thank Sharon, over at The Blue Willow House, for featuring my post, Victorian Style Tree and Village, from last week's Snickerdoodle Create, Bake and Make Party!!!

Thanks so much, Sharon!!

I also want to Thank Kathy, over at Life on Lakeshore Drive, for featuring the same post, Victorian Style Tree and Village, from last week's Bouquet of Talent Party!!

Thanks again, Kathy!!

And I would like to thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my post, A Pink Christmas in the Dining Room, Part 1,  from last month's You' re The Star Party as one of the features for this month's Home Feature Week!!!!
Thanks so much, Bev, and also thanks to Heidi, over at Heidi's Wanderings, who is the other Home Host of this great party!!!

Please stop by and link up to these wonderful parties!!

Today, I will be sharing Part 1 of Christmas in our Den......

There are 6 Trees in this room counting 3 decorated Trees in my Victorian Doll House which I will be saving for another post......

The Den was actually a patio when we first bought our townhouse 40 years ago.......

We will start here on the left side of the room when you enter the room from the Kitchen.......

This area was originally part of a large storage room that my Dad ripped out to make this room larger.....
The door with the mirror on it is the entrance to an existing small storage room......

I made the wreath that hangs on the door.....
A calendar with a Thomas Kinkade scene on it hangs on the door of a Pantry Closet that I had my Dad build for me when he changed the patio into another room for us.......
This area was once part of that storage room......
This is one of my favorite corners of the house because this is where I sit and watch TV when Joe is watching Hockey.....

Above the TV.....
The color theme of the Den is burgundy, ivory and blue........
A family of carolers sit on the smaller shelves.......
On a center shelf, is the "book" Twas the Bight Before Christmas"......
And a mouse holding a sign that says " Not a creature was stirring, not even a Mouse"!!!
On each side of the TV......
Are 2 Thomas Kinkade Christmas houses.......
On the hall in the corner......
On the table......
A Santa and a Snow Men under a dome.....
Above "my chair".........
On a shelf.........
2 Victorian Christmas plates.....
A rocking horse and vintage looking children sit on this shelf.....
I enjoy sitting here with my feet up on the ottoman, watching my favorite TV shows that I have taped on the DVR while playing on my lap top!!!
The back door.....
The other half of the room.....
You can see 3 Trees........

Behind this tree......
On the wall, is a Thomas Kinkade clock.....
An Old World Santa on a shelf below the clock.....
On a table by the back door......
Is Tree # 18!!!!!
It looks good now but this is what happened a week after I decorated it!!!!
Believe me, I could NOT believe that it fell over either!!!

I was sleeping after working all night and Joe was out shopping when he came home to find this!!!
I have no idea how it fell over!!!!
As I sat in shock on my chair in the corner, Joe got to work......
I lost only about 10 ornaments due to breakage.....
Yes, I know he is a good guy!!!
A headless angel!!
It sure did look sad!!
But now it looks like this!!!
Again!!!

This Tree is topped off with feathers and a bow made from burgundy velvet ribbon and music sheet ribbon......
This Tree is decorated with Victorian ornaments in burgundy......
Blue.......
And ivory......
Ivory beaded garland embossed with roses also decorate this Tree......
 There are several Thomas Kinkade ornaments.......
And burgundy velvet roses are tucked into the Tree to add a bit of fullness.....
At the base of the Tree......
Is a little Village display.....
A vintage nativity scene just like the one I had as a child is flanked my 2 vintage looking houses which are ornaments.....
Bottom brush trees and vintage putz houses......
On the side of the Tree on a burgundy velvet ottoman........
An Old World Santa.......
And a Lenox candle and a reindeer that I bought at Big Lot's this year......

A Victorian doll dressed in blue velvet.......
Bows and angels hang on the windows......
Figures from a Charles Dicken's Christmas Carol are displayed on this shelf between the 2 windows.....
Continuing along my Christmas Home Tour, I will be sharing this area by the computer armoire........
And this Tree.....
And this Tree and china cupboard......
 Click HERE to see Christmas in the Den, Part 2.......


 I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

Holiday Link Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Wednesday AIM Linky Party- twice a month

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party
 
SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

8 comments:

  1. An amazing display. Happy Holidays, dear Debbie.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fairy Christmas tour of your festive home. I wish you a Merry Christmas!!!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,

    To lose 10 ornaments from your beautiful tree #18, oh wow. But you would never know it now, looking at it. Still, it must have been heart-wrenching. Joe is so fabulous! And the room is incredible, wowsers girl! Do you start in March to decorate for the following Christmas is what I'm wondering :) I noticed your globe bookend on the shelf above your TV -- I have the EXACT PAIR, they were a gift years ago and I've loved them ever since. They've been on continual display in my apartments and in my homes ever since. It was back in the 1970s when I received them! They are some of my favorite things and I would never consider parting with them, even after continual "de-cluttering" binges and a major downsizing when I moved to my current home (my retirement "cottage") in July 2014. How you do all of your decorating is a wonder beyond my ken, I swear. You must have the energy of a dozen ninjas. By the way #18 is my favorite tree so far, there is just something about it that I find so appealing, maybe it's the velvet roses, and I'm a true sucker for pearl bead "garland."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie! Your home is always so festive during the holidays. I know it’s a lot of work and you do it with great detail. How frightening about that tree falling. So glad you didn’t loose any more ornaments than you did.
    Wishing you and Joe a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your carolers, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, you really know how to decorate a tree with a big impact! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is so festive for the holidays! And it's so sad that your tree fell over! How awful! Thanks for participating in our Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poor tree! I have to say you recovered fantastically and turned it into a beautiful tree! Thank you so much Debbie for sharing your lovely home with us at Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails